Monday, February 05, 2007

What an interesting weekend

Without going over budget ($11.77/day) I managed to have a fairly interesting weekend. Friday night I ended up in the office late which naturally led to a small bar near work with colleagues.

A slice of pizza later, and we landed in a college bar near NYU. Feeling a bit old and out of place, RM and I settled at the bar with our younger colleague who began systematically taking advantage of the shot special.

I declined the liqueur and stuck to cheep beer. It was truly a trip back in time. All those kids, none over 25 drinking as much as they could hold as quickly as possible. RM and I sipped our beer, sang along to some of the songs and happily accepted the consensus of the younger ones that neither one of us could possibly be over 23. Well, I can live with that!

We then took our now stumbling colleague to another bar where a young man had invited RM. Sadly that place was closed. Happily we found another where our now sloppy young colleague (YC) managed to get himself kicked out. We still don't know what he said.

In any case RM received a few more calls from her guy, and we left in search of him. While we never did find him, we did manage to be side-tracked by some hot foreign guys, always a plus on a NY night. After pouring YC into a cab, we grabbed a late meal, nothing wrong with waffles at 3am, and hopped the train home. Perfect.

Super-bowl Sunday roles around and RM and I went to a party hosted by an alum friend of hers. Interesting. I was warned these people would be pretentious due to their schooling. Not so. They were just nerds. Plain old, goofy sweater, short jeans, goofy hair nerds. Nothing wrong with a bunch of nerds. I tucked into my cheep Coors, and thoroughly enjoyed the evening.

$0.43 under budget, and my team won.

9 Comments:

Blogger Steven said...

The superbowl with nerds...

Interesting. ;)

Steve~

12:30 PM  
Blogger ldbug said...

steve - to be fair I'd say I fit in as a science geek;-)

12:33 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Next thing you know, there'll be a reality show based on your weekend.

1:00 PM  
Blogger ldbug said...

jay - oh God, don't joke like that!! I hate the reality thing, I keep hoping it's a fad that will finally die but they just keep beating that poor dead horse over and over and over and over

2:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like it was fun! I usually roll with nerds undercover (we may look normal but once we open our mouths it is nothing short of nerd speak)

3:35 PM  
Blogger ldbug said...

molly - undercover, hmmm, how is this done?

5:11 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

I'm soooo sorry I didn't call you on Saturday!! I completely spaced..... I'm glad you had a good weekend anyway--maybe we can get together next weekend?

6:42 PM  
Blogger MrRyanO said...

Under budget and your team won...It does sound like the perfect weekend!

9:35 AM  
Blogger ldbug said...

meg - sure! Cheep coffee? I hope your party was fun! I thought about us hopping over there, but we were at work so late, and then I could only spend $7 on beer so I would've been lame at Kareoke with one drink in me!

rock - yeah, a whole 43 cents, I've almost saved a whole dollar now!

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home