Friday, January 26, 2007

They're talking

I believe the radiators in my apartment talk to each other. Particularly the ones in the front room and my room as they are close to one another, probably like brothers and the rest of the radiators are more distant cousins and second cousins. You know, the kind that just don't get the same jokes as really close relatives do. I can hear them talking to each other. Or at least that's what I imagine they are doing since they're so loud about heating the place. I mean, all that racket can't just be for warmth, can it? So I imagine their conversations go something like this:

"Fred, hey FRED! Wake up man, hows it going? DID YOU HEAR ME!?"

"Yeah, yeah, jeeze, Sam, quit shouting that girl in here woke up, don't want her putting damp socks on me again."

"He-he, you get damp socks on you."

"Not funny! Well, you're the one who has to deal with The Furry One"

"Humph, pesky little brat puts his fluffy tail in my ribs no matter how loud I yell at him. And I'M ALLERGIC TO CATS!!"

"Ha, serves you right for teasing me."

"Ahhhh-CHEW!"

"Wow, Sam, you really are allergic!"

"I can hear that girl, Fred."

"Yeah, she's swearing at me."

(singing)"You're gonna get wet socks on you, you're gonna get wet.."

"Shut-up, jerk!"

"You shut-up!"

"No you shut-up!"

"Ah-CHEW!!!"

That's just an excerpt from last night. I'll keep you updated if any juicy gossip comes from these late night radiator conversations.

7 Comments:

Blogger CindyDianne said...

Cute conversation. I wouldn't care how much they talk as long as they keep it from being drafty. My soon to be old-house is quite drafty. Hopefully, the new one will be quite cozy!!

8:46 AM  
Blogger MrRyanO said...

LOL! That's pretty funny! At least you find the humor in it all...!

9:12 AM  
Blogger The Boy said...

If you get gossip from radiators, that I want to hear!

11:59 AM  
Blogger Steven said...

That's not what they're talking about...

Oh no....

They're making plans...

Evil plans... ;)

Steve~

1:28 PM  
Blogger katy said...

that was funny, wait when you find out what they do when your out!

4:28 PM  
Blogger Michael Colvin said...

Hee! Hee! Great post!

5:55 PM  
Blogger ldbug said...

cindy - ah, cozy is nice, sleep is better

rock - funny? what do you mean, I'm perfectly serious, that radiator got wet socks for it's noise!;-)

boy - you'll be the first!

steve - they are pretty evil to
disturb sleep like that

indoors - now that's a frightening thought! maybe the cat'll keep them in line...

tod - :-)

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home