Friday, February 02, 2007

Pennies

This is a tight month for me. After toilet paper purchase, after my bills, after rent (which will have to be paid at the next paycheck) I have exactly $11.35 to spend per day for the month. Good news, I didn't spend my $11.35 yesterday so my tally is up to a whopping $11.77 per day! Yippeeeee, now I can buy an extra gumball a day.

Actually don't need gumballs.

So, I guess I'm going to have to watch my pennies this month. That means only one coffee per day. Either lunch or breakfast. And lots of mac & cheese. And no going out, at all. I had a good weekend last week, though, so I got the party out.

Actually, the roommate and I hung out at the tea lounge, made friends, then hung out at a bar, made more friends, went to another bar, and finally wandered home about 3 in the morning to play poker with a Scottish competitor and using candy corn as the currency.

Good times, new friends and I'm satisfied to spend the month's weekends watching cheep movies, running, talking to the cat, reading and going to bed early. Maybe the stories won't be as fantastic, but maybe I'll lose a few more pounds and I'll definitely store up energy for March when I'm back in the green!!

Good thing this is a short month. (place in here a verrrrry longgggg sighhhhhhhh)

8 Comments:

Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Ouch, you are technically skint, then. Bummer.

so you won't be buying any half-million-pound houses in the UK anytime soon.

Your question about the government owning our UK land is slightly askew. It's a complicated thing, but go to this page and this page. They may help.

1:34 PM  
Blogger ldbug said...

* - nope no homes, barely rent;-) Thanks for the links!!

1:51 PM  
Blogger The Boy said...

Ahhh, I remember life being broke all the time. Not fondly mind you, but I do remember it...

It does get better bug, it does...

2:09 PM  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

spent most of me life skint so sympathies babe. On the plus side you won't get run over by a bus with a fiver in yer pocket you haven't enjoyed spendin' yet - a recurrin nightmare of mine.

soz about the linky thingy. I've gone home.

2:29 PM  
Blogger ldbug said...

boy - I'd like to think so, at least a little better. I think it'll be awhile though...

4D - That is an odd nightmare;-)

4:29 PM  
Blogger Michael Colvin said...

Well I suppose you could think of it as good character building stuff! If you want to go out after work you will have to be very creative!

4:34 PM  
Blogger dilling said...

tis the season...it's a lean time for us, too, though we have made some crazy purchases lately... wait, maybe that's why things are lean now...dammit

12:01 AM  
Blogger ldbug said...

tod- ah yes very true

dilling - I know!! holidays are expensive...but worth it:-)

4:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home