Thursday, February 08, 2007

Furry

About this time last year I found a soaking wet, shivering little kitten on my doorstep. Last year was a rough one for me for many reasons, one of which includes I was in Memphis. I'm far away from that place now, happily very far away!

Everything is different now, I've got some new possibilities opening for me. I have the best roommate ever, I may be on a budget, but so are most people, especially in New York! I'd like to say I moved on all by my-self, but not true. Nope, I attribute at least a little of it, to that furry little creature who has taken over my apartment.

He's the one who yowls when he hears me unlock the door just upon arriving home.

Who purrs to sleep on my stomach at night.

Who shreds toilet paper then professes his undying love for me in the form of purrs and snuggles probably to prevent me from shredding him.

He's the one with enough static in his tail to power a small nation.

He's just a cat.

Who listens to my stories, sings with me (always off tune), and is there when I just want to hold a little furry thing.

So I probably would be fine, and still here even if that cold kitten hadn't turned up. Still, I needed him to find me, to rely on me, to cuddle and purr and scare away the ghosts at night (Ok, so I'm afraid of ghosts, shut up!) Here's to our little furry friends, cats, dogs, ferrets, bunnies, uhhh we'll even include the non-fuzzy kind as I'm sure some of you are into lizards and fish.

On another note, I have decided to add a short on my young work colleague almost as a daily thing. He's the most interesting oddity in the office. We'll have to come up with a nickname for him, I'll ask him:

He has chosen the nickname THE SOUTH Incidentally he has a blog too, really interesting reading.

So for today's note: THE SOUTH wears flipflops while in the office because he prefers to type without shoes on.

13 Comments:

Blogger The Boy said...

He isn't Norwegian is he? They're all mad, its the long winters. I've got one working for me, walks around in bright orange socks...

2:00 PM  
Blogger ldbug said...

boy - I'll ask -- no ancestry he knows of, just a nutty southerner I guess;-)

2:36 PM  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

CATS RULE!!!

3:02 PM  
Blogger dilling said...

they are never "just a cat."

6:53 PM  
Blogger keNYC said...

I think tomorrow's note should be about my rippling muscles, which often show through my clothes (they simply reFUSE to be hidden away), and my sexy voice.....

11:50 PM  
Blogger David Tellez said...

Totally reminds me of that scene in Breakfast at Tiffanys when Holly Golightly is looking for her cat, Cat in the rain. She looks for him, because she realizes she has found her place in the world and that she can give the cat a name. I'm wondering if that's why you havent named your cat...hmmm?

1:21 AM  
Blogger Michael Colvin said...

Awww great post. Cats are the bizz...

4:29 AM  
Blogger MrRyanO said...

That's awesome that he can chase away ghosts! You don't see that ina cat very often these days. LOL!

8:57 AM  
Blogger ldbug said...

4D - Yes, yes they do

dilling - How true

ken - Uhh, muscles? Really?

dt - hmmm, well he does have a name, Stormy, although I tend to refer to him as "You little Sh*$!"

tod - :-)

rock - I know! It's a very important quality

10:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was never one for a furry friend but I did have a really smart goldfish once (who doubled as an alarm clock) Pets really are a good way to brighten a day...

11:10 AM  
Blogger ldbug said...

molly - You're goldfish woke you in the morning? Now that is a feat!!

1:49 PM  
Blogger Gardenia said...

My kitty kat that kept me company during two years of hell has come with me to another part of country - couldn't leave such a faithful companion - she's fittin' right in......she was a great traveling companion....smuggling 25 pound kat into motel however not fun..........well, maybe it was fun - I went out for a coffee - and came back to find the lil' brat sitting in the window big as you please.

10:19 PM  
Blogger ldbug said...

I smuggled by guy into hotels on the way from Memphis to Montana, he was pretty good, but the meowing was a problem....

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home