Wednesday, February 07, 2007

All in the Eyes

Ode to man with gorgeous eyes on train:

Oh man with beautiful eyes

I see you and try not to stare

You see me and pretend not to notice me trying not to stare

The train moves

You are tall

But not too tall

I question your choice of jacket

You glance at me again

I catch your eye

The attempt not to stare begins anew

They are so green

Well, maybe a bit blue

It is hard to tell in the fluorescent lighting

Damn the fluorescent bulbs

Damn the fluorescent bulbs

The train rocks

I accidentally elbow you

There is a moment

"Excuse me"

"It's OK"

You smile

Oh those eyes

Politely we avert our attentions

The train stops

You leave

Damn Bergen street

Damn Bergen street

I sigh

I will remember our times

Oh the poor choice of jacket!

Oh the slight elbow jab!

What fun we had

I will remember fondly

Our brief time together

Oh you man of beautiful eyes

You man of beautiful eyes...

16 Comments:

Blogger Steven said...

So, did he have beautiful eyes? ;)

Just kidding, I liked this one.

Steve~

11:40 AM  
Blogger CindyDianne said...

Tell us about the poor choice of jacket...

11:57 AM  
Blogger ldbug said...

steve - they were lovely! :-)

cindy - had some fur on the hood, not girly, and I've seen (straight) guys with jackets like it here in NY, but just not a very manly jacket...

12:10 PM  
Blogger dilling said...

i love it when those things happen

2:07 PM  
Blogger MrRyanO said...

So, it wasn't a "Members Only" jacket then...taht's good!

I liked this little ditty! Very nice!

2:37 PM  
Blogger ldbug said...

dilling - I just wish we could have had one more stop together;-)

rock - naw, I just didn't like the style that much..kinda the "expensive look"

2:43 PM  
Blogger Cleavers said...

I loved this. I love moments like this. I wish there were more of them, and I wish they led somewhere! :-)

3:18 PM  
Blogger katy said...

this is good and who knows it might lead somewhere! we will be waiting and watching for more of the man with the beautiful eyes!

3:43 PM  
Blogger Michael Colvin said...

Those jackets with the fur hoods! Only young guys, gay or straight can get away with wearing them. If you are a guy over 30 then step away from the fur hooded jacket!

I liked your poem!

5:02 PM  
Blogger ldbug said...

cleavers - oh I wish they would lead somewhere too!

indoors - sadly, I doubt we'll be on the same train again:-(

tod - he looked about my age, which I guess is in the OK to wear bracket,still too fashionable for my tastes;-)

5:12 PM  
Blogger dilling said...

k, now...i have changed my links again...are you staying?

12:02 AM  
Blogger Pallav said...

Thats one of the most roamntic posts i have read in quite a while!

great!

N

10:03 AM  
Blogger ldbug said...

dilling - Oh, so sorry! Yeah I'm here for good:-)

nothingman - It was the flourescent bulbs part that did it for you, wasn't it;-)

12:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Pretty eyes are always worth swooning over...and dude definitely needs to upgrade to a manlier jacket :-)

12:44 PM  
Blogger The Boy said...

So why didn't you ask him out then? I'd bet a lot of money he would have said yes.

Speaking as a Canandian who has a parka with a fur colar, plus various lamb skin jackets, there is nothing unmanly about a bit of fur. Nothing.

I dare yas to tell me different...

1:59 PM  
Blogger ldbug said...

molly - see boy..

boy - dude, from Montana! Practically Canadian right there we don't have fur lining, all fleese. Anyway, he's in New York, the fur is for looks not warmth..I mean it's cold, but a tiny little bit of fur on the hood isn't going to mean the difference between frost-bite and luxurious warmth;-)

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home