Tuesday, December 02, 2008

it's snowing

Snow! Dundee is full of snow and more is coming down right now.

Everyone says it'll melt off really quickly but it has stayed for 24hrs so far. Of course you all must know what this means...yes, skiing.

Well, I would rather snowboard.

I have been skiing for over 20 years, so I'm not too thrilled about gentle slopes and icey snow. Boarding, on the other hand, I've only been at that since this century and only have gone a handful of times.

It's much more fun to board when I'm around ski-beginners and hills that my mom would feel comfortable on.

We've already planned a trip for this Saturday. With more snow in the forecast for Thursday, we may have a nicely covered hill to slide on.

Granted, the snow will probably be pretty chalk full of ice and there are rocks under that. And, as I can't quite manage to always stay on my feet on a board, I'm sure I'll be black and blue by the evening.

But why bother at any sport if you aren't going to come home with battle scars!

4 Comments:

Blogger David Tellez said...

Why bother in live, if you aren't going to come out with battle scars?! LOL! I hope you have fun! I've never been skiing or snowboarding, since snow in Arizona is almost about as rare as natural breasts in L.A. but I so cannot wait to try it out, once I move to Milwaukee!

1:15 PM  
Blogger punxxi said...

I think those are pants and shoes all-in-1,and would save me from deciding do these shoes go with these pants and the old are these colours compatible?
Anyway have a great time boarding, bruise if you must, but try not to break!!!!

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm jealous. All I have been talking about lately is going skiing, but it just isn't quite time yet. Of course, they are making snow up here in the Northeast, but it's just not the same. You need the real stuff to catch a thrill. Tried the boarding thing once and that was enough for me. I'm much better at standing up when my feet can move independently of each other. Have fun!

7:33 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

I should really take up some kind of winter sport.
Right now, snow for me just means i should really start wearing socks.
I don't, but I should.

4:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home