Monday, October 20, 2008

Howling

We recently moved labs from the first floor to the third. While I'm sure most people are inclined to move upwards in their career, I'm not sure how I feel about taking that literally.

Other's in the lab are pleased to find they have a new workout regime, I am happy with my running and do not particularly enjoy hiking stairs repeatedly in search of ice, oligos, more ice, etc...

When people enter our new little domain, they gasp and squeal at the 'wonderful views.' I'm not terribly thrilled with bright shafts of sunlight blaring onto my computer screen. Of course, this is Scotland so the sun doesn't last long. Fortunately it's replaced regularly by dreary rain streaking the windows and gusts of wind loud enough to elicit swearing as the poorly built windows rattle and howl.

And I can't find anything. (place loud sigh here)

2 Comments:

Blogger punxxi said...

the weather in your glasgow is as crappy as the weather in my glasgow(oregon) you'll find stuff, then they'll move you again...that's just the way it is!

1:01 PM  
Blogger Biddie said...

I do not adapt well to change....I love the sun, but glaring on my pc screen?
I think not!

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home