Monday, October 13, 2008

say no to techno

Cradled by a hot pillow and coughing into my bed sheet, I tried to ignore the repetitive thumping below. Boom -shriz, shriz, boom boom, and repeat. Finally I gave up on the Sunday afternoon nap my flu infused body could've used and went into lab for a little piece and quiet.

Techno is not music. I accept that this form of unimaginative thumping is passable at a nightclub surrounded by strobing lights, too short skirts, and adequate alcohol. Even if there is no discernible tune, the pounding beat is useful in drowning out unwanted conversation or the shrieks of those in the too short shirts.

But, there is no way in any possible form that this "music" is acceptable for pumping out on a quiet Sunday afternoon! There are people with colds out there just asking for a little time to nap! There are people out there with a 'gasp' taste in music that avoid said nightclubs due to the obnoxious beat. There are people out there who suffer miserable head-aches either from the repetitive thump of the blaring stereo downstairs or their head against the wall.

If you are a techno lover, all I can say is there are a lot of forms of music out there, just give one a try. And please, please leave my Sunday alone.

5 Comments:

Blogger punxxi said...

right above them? do jumping jacks in the middle of the night. Get beter soon!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Michael Colvin said...

I think you have to be in a club and off your face to appreciate it. That's my guess...

4:41 PM  
Blogger Biddie said...

Ugh. I can feel your pain.
We are having major construction done on our street,and I all flu-y, too. I think that techno and droning machines sound about the same.
Hope you are feeling better soon :)

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Christina!!!

How are you? I miss you here in NYC, that's for sure! Let's chat soon...are you on Facebook??

Meg
(bnlangel18@hotmail.com)

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Techno isn't that bad. Next time you're in RI, we'll get you drunk (again), dress you up in one of those too short skirts (you know you have a few), and take you out for a night of techno clubbing you won't be able to refuse. Get better first though. It screws up your dancing when the pounding of your head is at a different beat than the music.

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home