Tuesday, November 04, 2008

BBall

I was stopped in the hallway by an exlaimation the other day, "Hey, you're American!"

"Why yes." I believe I am.

"So you play basketball!" The enthusiasm continued.

"Sure." Why not?

I don't think I've played a basketball game since I was about 13...yup it's been that long. I can't really count the lightning basketball game my friends and I played as a drinking game a couple summers ago.

So on that note, I happily joined a team on Monday! I tackled a girl, one guy drew blood, you know a friendly game all around.

Actually, it was a blast and no one was seriously injured. Although the lack of rules kind of led to a lot of laughed off fouls. I can't wait for the next game. But I am sore, my shoulders (apparently basketballs are heavy) my legs, (there is an awful lot of running in that game despite the short half court thing), my injured hand (that's where the blood came from).

4 Comments:

Blogger Biddie said...

I am all for any game that lets me tackle.
Have fun :)

5:14 PM  
Blogger David Tellez said...

I like how you were walking down the hallway, minding your own business, and someone says "Hey, you're American!" I mean...is it that obvious? Were you wearing your "God Bless America" t-shirt and blue NY hat, while whistling The Star Spangled Banner and eating a McDonalds apple pie?

10:27 AM  
Blogger punxxi said...

so have you shown them how to play, yet???

3:34 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Way to represent!

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home