Sunday, August 03, 2008

Day 1 continued

"boom" I jumped and froze in my path.. but the sound was quickly followed by a familiar crackling. Fireworks!! As I was to learn later, Spain had won a football game to put them in the final, that night. And so I found myself in the mist of a celebration I couldn't understand, but really enjoyed.

I walked along the main road full of people. Kids running and cars honking. Older people scattered about on patios.
I stopped to ask directions and mostly understood the general waving and pointing.

I wandered around off the main road enjoying the festive nature of the place.
Finally, I decided I should get to the hotel and meandered in the general direction of the previous indications. Naturally, when I reached the ocean I panicked, slightly, had I missed the place, was I to sleep on the beach (not that it would be such a trouble).

After about that few minutes of upset, I happened to turn around and there it stood, wrapped against white plaster..."'Al Sur de Chipiona." the hotel.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sorrowclouds said...

hehe, fireworks! you had me wondering! :)

9:29 PM  
Blogger The Boy said...

Sounds like a great start to the holiday, how did the rest of it go?

1:55 PM  
Blogger punxxi said...

sleeping on the beach could be fun...

10:56 PM  
Blogger Biddie said...

Just being near the ocean is vacation enough for me..Sounds like your vacay is going to be great.

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home