Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A few weeks ago

A few weeks ago I managed to lock myself out of my apartment complex.

I left the keys in my apartment, with the door unlocked and ran downstairs for a moment. Of course, the front security door shut right behind me only seconds before I realized my keys were not, in fact, on my person.

It was cold, I was cold and my swearing and stomping around did little to warm me up.

I didn't know a locksmith or how to contact one on a Sunday in this little town so, in desperation, I approached the police officers crowded outside the bakery just down the street.

A large fellow agreed to see what he could do.

I assumed this meant a call to a locksmith. Rather, the officer broke down the door.

Things are certainly different in Scotland.

6 Comments:

Blogger Michael Colvin said...

Different yes, but also funny that you knew where the police officers hang out. Maybe not so different afte all!

2:31 AM  
Blogger ldbug said...

Well, I live next to the bakery so I could see them...

10:35 AM  
Blogger Michael Colvin said...

You are so lucky. It would be my dream to live next to a bakery.

Sigh...

11:23 AM  
Blogger The Boy said...

Oh dear. How'd you explain that one to the insurance agent?

1:21 PM  
Blogger David Tellez said...

So...let me get this straight. He broke down the door so you could get the very keys that would lock the door? Too funny!

1:39 PM  
Blogger dilling said...

wellllll....at least you were warm, eh?

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home