Thursday, February 28, 2008

My friend got a car!

A friend from work bought a car the other day and I was fortunate enough to be allowed in it yesterday.

It's a cute little red thing, with four doors. Yes, that's right, four!

I was almost jealous seeing as my ghetto cruiser that has been planted outside my parents house for the indefinite future only has two doors. But, I breathed easy when I found out the little gem here lacks power steering.

And while it may seem like this is a bargain seeing as my friend no longer needs to join a gym but simply attempt to parallel park once a day, I still feel the ghetto cruiser and I win out.

I already have a gym membership.

So off we go into the wilds of Scotland tomorrow for the weekend. I'm looking forward to the trip, however, I am still slightly panicked at the 'other side of the road' thing. Being a nervous side-seat driver, I intend to sit in the back, headphones tightly packed into my ears and strive to enjoy the passing countryside, highland cattle, and the other very Scottish things one would most likely see on a journey across the island.

5 Comments:

Blogger d34FpUpPy said...

bon voyage!

1:51 AM  
Blogger Michael Colvin said...

Have fun in the heather! Err...you know what I mean.

10:15 AM  
Blogger The Boy said...

Driving through the driving rain. What fun!

10:25 AM  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

See if you can spot a wild Haggis. They have four little legs but the two on the right side are longer enabling them to stand on hillsides. This does mean they can only walk one way around the hill mind.....

3:12 PM  
Blogger David Tellez said...

OMG! You're in Scotland?! Man...I have been gone far too long! I'm gonna have to catch up on your blog...but tell me...is it true that the men dont wear anything under the kilt? Not that I'm interested or anything but in case I ever decide to don one, I may as well do it like the Scot's!

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home