Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Turn Around Bright Eyes

There was a lunar eclipse this last Saturday. Although it started around 3:30 in the afternoon, it didn't end until almost 8pm here on the east coast, so we were able to get a pretty good evening veiwing.

THE SOUTH just moved to an appartment on the 7th floor (no elevator) in China Town. Although the RM and I barely made it to the appartment, a bonus was that, being on the top floor, we all had easy acess to the roof. Chilled beers in chilled hands, we watched the moon grow full again over the course of an hour up on that roof.

After warming up for a bit and having a good laugh at the dance scene in "Footloose " (who knew Kevin Bacon could fly?) We ventured out on the town to see some live music. The bands were good, the light show was fun, the beer was reasonably priced, and the venue even sported a super hero in disguise.

Curious for a different view of the evening? Check out THE SOUTH and the RM blog sites. As for me, that shortened version will have to do, busy day today!

10 Comments:

Blogger dilling said...

"every now and then I get a little bit terrified that the best of all the years have gone by...turn around."
that's a sentimental favorite...
and we're too cloudy here to enjoy the sky show...

4:05 PM  
Blogger Pink said...

Beers that are REASONABLY PRICED???

Oh ya. You don't live in London. Lucky you, girl.

sounds like a good night!

xx
pinks

6:08 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

I know, I was shocked about the reasonable beer as well!!

How sad is it that that's the most exciting part for us?

11:48 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

I was outside for a large part of that lunar eclipse but didn't notice it...until my husband came home and told me!

11:58 PM  
Blogger keNYC said...

dude, thanks for the copious links. just put in a sitemeter and am hoping for a quick takeover of the blogosphere, at which point i'll rule the world.

also, way to come through on the linking of the triple perspective (which from here on out must be referred to as the "triple threat")....must...edit...my post....to do the same...

1:46 AM  
Blogger ldbug said...

dilling - I know! I was singing that song all night (in my head) except I put in "a total eclipse of the moon"...yeah I know, haha

reverend - well, I do live in NY, so actually reasonably priced for NY which is kinda pricy for a lot of places in the states

jay - It's just we all understand what is important;-)

jocelyn - opps!

kency - yes, you will take over, I'm certain of it;-P

10:04 AM  
Blogger ergo said...

In all of my rambly ramblings I totally blocked those stairs out of my memory.

10:52 AM  
Blogger ldbug said...

ergo - It was a safety mechanism to prevent nightmares of climbing a never ending, steep staircase...

2:40 PM  
Blogger keNYC said...

just think of it as a stairway to heaven next time (because let's be honest, that's really the only appropriate word to describe le Chez du Sud)....

1:59 AM  
Blogger ldbug said...

ken - stairway to heaven? Jeez if it's that much work....

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home