Wednesday, February 14, 2007

To the bone

I skinned my knees last night while chasing hot-running-man in the park. It could've been worse. My gloves were nice and thick so my hands avoided injury, but my running pants are none to heavy so my knees (and pants) took a good beating.

Well, serves me right for paying more attention to the hot ass then all the tree roots along the dark running trail. Right, because I can see in the dark.

The guys keep telling me "oh you'll know the path once you run it enough!"

Yes that's right guy-who-ran-into-tree, I'll know the four mile, ever changing dirt trail and all the under/over-growth in the dark after one.more.run.

I did finish the run, though, I never give up when properly motivated.

A snow storm rolled in shortly after I limped home. A really great storm which has turned into freezing rain. So much fun to go hiking around in. Snow on the ground, ice bullets raking your face.

Happy freaking Valentines day.

The good news is I have a phone interview for grad school coming up. The bad news is my phone is dead. So, I payed an exorbitant amount of money for a new cell phone from Verizon. Rip off.

If they actually had those stupid network guys following me around I might be OK with the outrageous price of their phones. If SAMSUNG (the cheapest phone in the store) actually made some sort of quality phone, I'd be OK with paying for it.

Instead I get a fancy looking, weak signal, piece of crap phone. Yippy. And I did wander to other stores looking for a cheaper phone, no such luck. My best bet, at this point, is to try and thoroughly dry out my phone. RM and I tried baking it, took the thing apart and went at it with Q-tips (a wonderful invention) but the phone still has water coming out.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have 15 days to unload this enormously expensive shit SAMSUNG back to Verizon. I swear if that network guy were to show up right now....I'd SAMSUNG him out the window.

So have a nice Valentines kids, and no worries on this end, I'm about to tuck into some chocolate fondue, courtesy of the work-place. I'm sure that'll cheer me right up:-)

THE SOUTH was kind enough to offer me his flip-flops as my feet are numb and soaking wet. That's nice. Don't think I'll take him up on the offer, though. Dry socks work better.

11 Comments:

Blogger Jingo said...

Thank God for treadmills...;)

12:56 PM  
Blogger MrRyanO said...

Is his ass that great???

Try a blow dryer on the innards of the phone...Whatever you do, resist the temptation to put it in the microwave! LOL!

1:06 PM  
Blogger ldbug said...

jing - oh I'd just trip on those too;-)

rock - Nah, well....maybe, but actually I trip all the time(don't always fall) b/c it's DARK and the trail is really small through trees. It's great to have five fit guys to run with, not so great when I have trouble staying on my feet. Anyway, great ass guy ran into a tree last night, so there to him!! :-P

3:16 PM  
Blogger dilling said...

ouch....

3:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Valentine's Day!

Sorry you skinned your knee, but it is totally worth it as long as hot running guy didn't see you take the tumble :-)

3:32 PM  
Blogger ldbug said...

dilling - yup;-P

molly - Happy Val's day:-) Well, he only saw me once I was down..if that counts. I did watch him run into a tree though!!!

3:37 PM  
Blogger keNYC said...

hey, it was the least THE SOUTH could do, after being fed breakfast....

12:49 AM  
Blogger Cleavers said...

I've dropped a phone in a glass of water. I took everything out that I could - battery, sim - and left it to 'air' for 3 or 4 days. It seemed to do the trick. And it was a cheap, bog-standard Nokia yet it continued to work for a further year before it clapped out for good.

I seriously need to get me a nice piece of ass to watch while running - that way I might actually run rather than sit on my arse and watch Grey's Anatomy :-)

11:18 AM  
Blogger Biddie said...

Jogging...I tried it once, but I kept spilling my whiskey.

11:41 AM  
Blogger ldbug said...

cleavers - I'm trying that now..hopefully it'll dry out and I can return this stupid SAMSUNG!

yes, the hotness does help in the motivation department!

biddie - *giggles*

1:07 PM  
Blogger ldbug said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home