Thursday, March 15, 2007

Stop the Presses...

Well, I was going to post on British men today, but I received some news that absolutely must be shared with the world..

A close friend of mine just got engaged! I'm so happy for her, both her and the guy are really, really great people and they make a fun couple. You know, they're the kind of people you can hang out with and never feel like the odd man out. He got her a ring with a gorgeous blue stone. I can't remember the name of the stone since I was at a jazz show when she called so I couldn't quite hear, but I do remember her saying it was very rare. She also sent a picture to my cell phone, but I don't have any way to get it up here. I'm making her send an e-mail picture which I'll throw up here when I get it!

I know, I know, girly stuff.

They're planning a September wedding, which is a perfect time in Montana. As it so happens I had just decided to return to Montana after the job is up here in June. It also looks as though "the things I'm planning" work out so that I'll be "in a place I can't reveal" in October. Funny how things work out sometimes.

I've also been asked to be a bridesmaid. I'm so absolutely honored. She's been a great friend for a long time, and I feel so incredibly lucky to know her and him.

So this post is dedicated to two great people, CONGRATULATIONS!! :-)

Update: The stone is an "Alexandrite" and here's the picture!!

7 Comments:

Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

It's a beauty.

British men eh? oh eck.

Beer, football, sex, beer, football, sex. About sums us up I'd say.

3:30 PM  
Blogger CindyDianne said...

That's a beautiful ring! Passed along congratulations!

6:09 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

you're leaving? OHHH NOOOO....

9:58 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

I always love a good engagement story.

Hey, so do you dare reveal where in Montana? I grew up in Billings!

11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hay that rock is worth moren a diamond u no it changes colour in dif lites 2 rite?

11:12 PM  
Blogger katy said...

sure is a beauty of a ring, wishing them every happiness

5:53 AM  
Blogger ldbug said...

4D - isn't it? As to the men, the long awaited post is today....

cindy - will do:-)

meg - not till June! We'll hang out b/f then:-)

jocelyn - really?! I'm actually from Helena, but my best friend just married a guy from Billings. They're hoping to move back there after she finishes school (she's the smart one, becoming a doctor! a real life one!)

pup - yeah! after I put up the picture I went to a website that she sent me, that is one cool stone!!

indoors - :-)

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home