Monday, March 12, 2007

Not Quite on Broadway

There is no need to sing along with your portable music.

There is simply no need to loudly hum, play an air drum set or tap loudly on a metal pool or bench with your loudest ring fingers.

Why do you do this?

Do you think we can't hear you?

Do you believe that in some way, we are all tuned into the music that is flowing through your ipod or mp3 player?

Is there, in your mind, a reasonable chance that we will all begin to tap and sing and join in as if in some fantastic musical where everyone knows the words and dance moves?

No, you cannot sing, you have poor rhythm and no one wants to hear it. We would tell you this directly, but no one wants to antagonize "crazy" in public.

So, for the love of all that is holy, please stop voluntarily as I am not sure how long you will survive the morning commute with the sleep deprived result of daylight savings.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jocelyn said...

You should print this out and then walk, wordlessly, up to those folks and hand it to them.

Then quietly retreat. And don't look back.

9:16 PM  
Blogger dilling said...

"You came and you gave without taking...but I sent you away...Oh, Mandy...."
oh, what, were you talking to me? what? what were you saying?

2:09 AM  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

Odd. Never noticed you in my car of a morning. Soz. I'll try and sing quieter now.

6:55 AM  
Blogger Biddie said...

Oh, man, there is mentally challenged guy that actually walks up and down the aisles of the bus, singing, 'dancing' and playing air guitar.
Nothing will stop this guy...If I'm in the right mood, it's funny as hell. If I'm not in the right mood, then, not so much with the funny....

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its best when i am singing in my car pull up at the lights then realise the window is wide open, soon shuts me up.

11:51 AM  
Blogger ldbug said...

jocelyn - maybe I could make t-shirts?

dilling - haha;-P acually I don't care too much on the commute home, but it bugs the hell out of me in the early morning. it's also irritating when the train is packed full and the person in question is either singing in someones ear or accidentally hits them while strumming along!

4D - cars fine. busy train, not so fine. don't get me wrong, a little head nodding, or gentle foot tapping is cool, it's just the really loud, obnoxious people in a packed train that is annoying!!!

biddie - that guy would fit in well with the NYC transit

jo - done that, back in the lovely days of having a car:-)

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home