Friday, June 06, 2008

Vote

The primaries hit Montana this past Tuesday. It was the most exciting vote in years for our little state. Obama v Clinton in the running for the Democratic nomination. My state pulled it in for Obama.

It's great how even living in Scotland I still get to vote. I'm only here on a temporary basis and am still a U.S. citizen, so I was sent a ballot which I returned in time for the count.

So according to my personal ldbug rules, I voted, I get to talk about the politics. Of course, I don't think I will at this point. It's a Friday afternoon, I have a sore throat and a fever and a lot of work left to finish up here at the lab.

Instead I think I'll just bask for a little while longer in the fact that my state was mentioned in newspapers and reports around the world. I can't tell you how cool it is to see your state on the front page of a paper in Scotland, well, just the name under large heading of Obama and Clinton.

Still, it was there.

I mean, we have less than a million people in a state nearly the size of Britain. There are more cows than people there. And yet we mattered.

2 Comments:

Blogger David Tellez said...

"More cows than people..." That's funny! I always wondered if that was true or not, so for a true Montanan to say that, it's just funny. But you're right. It's nice to know, no matter how big or small a state is, it still matters and can make all the difference.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Sausage said...

To be honest... your state doesn't matter very much, and it doesn't really matter if you vote or not - as the whole system is probably corrupt anyway.
Nice post though!

Yours,

Sausage.

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home