Friday, June 13, 2008

Abla Espainol?

I have no idea how to speak Spanish. That said, I am heading off to Spain for a 10 day holiday to the Costa De la Luz. On the southern end of Spain, and on the Atlantic coast, I have been promised that I will see beaches, wind surfing, and a bull fight.

Also, I hear the men are hot.

I am so looking forward to some time just spent having fun. I've got a little hotel booked in a small seaside town known for its beaches. And I'm renting a car later in the week to visit Granada, St. Maria, Cadiz, Gibraltar and a quick hop to Morocco. How cool!

The main point of this holiday is to get a tan, flirt with hot Spanish boys, and hang out with the locals.

According to some friends from Spain, they have assured me that I am staying in a very Spanish place, no Englais there!! They seemed worried at first thinking that I would be uncomfortable in a place where I was surrounded by people that didn't speak the same language. I told them that I simply didn't want to pay for a vacation to a place that reminded me of the pub next door. I was out for adventure.

It was then that my friend suggested a bull fight. She is going to book a ticket for me. Ahhhhh! I'm so excited!

So, there is much work to be done in the next week in a half before I leave.

Then the adventure will begin and I will definitely take notes since I know my two or so readers are seething with anticipation of what will happen on a beach, with a bull, and a wave, far away.....

10 Comments:

Blogger Sorrowclouds said...

sounds like it will be quite an adventure! hope you have fun! :)

10:11 AM  
Blogger punxxi said...

how fun!

4:24 PM  
Blogger Michael Colvin said...

You actually want to see a bull fight? I'm sorry, but I don't think I'll be reading that post.

4:54 PM  
Blogger Biddie said...

You go girl and have some fun. I think that I am with Tod on the bullfighting though. Just not my thing. Hot guys on the other hand....

1:18 AM  
Blogger The Boy said...

Ah, good one. Go, have fun, report back. Don't listen to the rest of them, bull fights are just like a rodeo, but times two.

10:59 AM  
Blogger The Preacherman said...

off to Spain myself early next month. Nowt to do with beaches and bulls though. Much to do with drinking as much as possible.

No change there then.

I'll be in Alicante with a couple of mates. Please avoid Alicante for several months as it recovers....

6:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never been to spain but hope to go there once at least to see Saragozza, the place where my real name originated (pilar). Hope you have fun =)
p.s. my fiancee' is from Dundee and we now live in Narni, Italy, once upon a time called Narnia =)

4:06 PM  
Blogger C-Belle said...

Ah. Well, when the men are hot enough, why in the world would you waste your time TALKING to them?!?

9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home