Monday, August 06, 2007

Sooo

So I took a second job to help pay for my plane ticket overseas (moving in October) and I just don't have much time to chat here! Sorry about that. In short I've been having a great time with my friends and family, but I've also spent a lot of time working.

I feel bad that I'm not here much, but I promise I'll have time in the fall. I'll be getting back to the lab in October and will be around computers more so I'll be able to drop in more frequently!

Right now I'm working days at a sandwich shop and nights at a bar. Whew, it's exhausting! But I owe my parents money and bills are always there, and I've got to come up with plane ticket money and first and last month's rent on a flat....

Yes, I know you're all muttering, "excuses, excuses, you have two jobs and are out in Montana living it up outdoors style, blah blah. But what about our needs? Our entertainment! People are bored here! Get that bugggy little butt back here!"

And to that I reply "yes, yes, I know I'm incredibly entertaining and cute, and I understand that my wit is what keeps you coming back, but give a bug a break;-P"

So, I'll try and at least be around once a week here till fall, and then I promise to bring back the fun!

16 Comments:

Blogger Z said...

That's fair enough, and I'll be sticking around (got you bloglined, so I'll know when you post). Try not to get too exhausted and spare some time for yourself.

4:29 AM  
Blogger The Boy said...

You'll be forgiven for abandoning blogland if you having fun, but because you're working two jobs? Not good enough bug, start skiving and post more immediately!

Or at least let us know when you're flying through London (you are coming through London, right?), so a few of us can take you out for a pint.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Biddie said...

I was wondering where you were. At least now we know that you're ok..Just busy. *whew* thank goodness.

12:31 PM  
Blogger dilling said...

um, before you said you were spending all your time on a boat?!? what's the real story now? c'mon!

2:01 PM  
Blogger katy said...

great to hear from you at last!
will keep calling to check that you are still ok

7:07 AM  
Blogger Pink said...

am so glad you're making money....i was worried about you after you posted your culinary delights.
xx
pinks

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

o good u dint shipwreck

4:28 PM  
Blogger Jingo said...

Two jobs? I can't even get one! And I have 2 A*s as well... Fat lot of good qualifications have done for me...

5:58 PM  
Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

eggsalad!!! glad to see you are "pulling your weight" and making the dough. I can't wait to hear about your next adventure.

thanks for the update.

6:33 PM  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Slacker.

5:23 AM  
Blogger Gardenia said...

Awwww, we'll check in now and then. Have fun - if two jobs can be fun. Get back when ya can....I imagine it will take lots of energy to move all and pack and sort and get settled in the new place.

8:10 PM  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

days at a sandwich shop = food
nights at a bar = alcohol

you are in paradise

6:28 AM  
Blogger ldbug said...

Yeah, I was living it up until I freaked out and realized I had no money to move!! EEEEEEEKKKKKk!! But all is well now, sorta, hopefully I'll get a room soon...don't suppose any of you guys know anyone looking for a flatmate in Dundee????????

7:13 PM  
Blogger .:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

I agree with 4D.

11:45 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Well...it's the fall.

But yeah, take whatever timeyou need, be good to yourself, good luck, and come back to tell us everything when you can.

11:11 AM  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

hello?.......is anybody there?.....

...gettin' like a bloody seance around 'ere....

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home