Sunday, December 23, 2007

Merry Christmas!

It's amazing how much time and effort it takes to move to a new place. Just finding the grocery store, understanding the guy at the bank, learning how to dial the phone and cross the street in a different country. Then there's the lab where five projects demand an incredible amount of energy to set up, explore, understand and begin.

I keep meaning to send all my friends postcards, to call, to post here and somehow every day comes to an end and I've somehow been too busy to do any of that. I'm amazed I was able to get even a few Christmas cards out this year! So please don't be upset if I'm not around visiting you guys, most of my time online is spent looking for grants and fellowships and researching papers. Maybe things will calm down in the spring, maybe not. I'm having an amazing time, though. The projects are fun, the work is hard and not always rewarding but certainly interesting. And the lab. Always it comes to the lab itself. I find this place a refuge a home. I love the smell of expression cells, detergents, alcohols. I love the feel and sound of a cold room and the hum of a centrifuge.

So I'm happy, even if I can't go home this year for Christmas. Actually, I'm heading off to Edinburgh tomorrow to see a friend for Christmas eve and day. Then I'm back here to begin an intense purification. Then I spend the weekend, my birthday and New Years most likely back in Edinburgh. Yay! That city is so beautiful!

Here's to everyone out there, wishing you a very merry Christmas and a wonderful happy New Year!!

Love,

Ldbug

17 Comments:

Blogger Michael Colvin said...

Merry Christmas Ldbug! It's good to hear that you are getting along OK. I can't understand some Scots either and half Scottish!

Have fun in Edingburgh. It is a beautiful city.

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy christmas, new years n birthday lady~

4:10 PM  
Blogger katy said...

Merry Christmas Ldbug, enjoy, drink, eat and have loads of fun x

12:05 PM  
Blogger dilling said...

Merry Christmas....and happy birthday, too!

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy christmas ldbug

10:05 PM  
Blogger Pink said...

Hey LDbug - Merry Christmas!!! If you ever need a little aclimatising, let me know - I think after 5 years in the UK I've finally figured out the phones and the grocery store.

And if you ever feel like a visit to London, let me know.

I'm so happy you are happy with your job!
xx
pinks

3:31 AM  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

Me addy has changed. Just take off the 'blog' after dinners....

Hope you had a good'n babe.

Might be in Glasgow for a few days around mid February. I'll give you a shout and you can buy me a beer...

Happy New Year LB x

12:27 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

I'm glad you're havingsuch an amazing time. May it continue through 2008.

2:12 AM  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

Wow, and you've got Hogmanay to look forward to, too. Happy Happy!

8:02 AM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

Somehow I fell out of touch or circulation or something, but I'm glad to have stopped by again. What wonderful life changes you've had these last months. I need to go read more!

12:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy new year

1:15 AM  
Blogger The Boy said...

Happy New Year! And in Edinburgh. That's a town that knows how to ring in the new year. A good one I take it?

Very glad its going well. Drop a line if you get a break to come down to London.

5:24 AM  
Blogger Gardenia said...

So glad you have love for your work! Post when ya can - we enjoy hearing from you. Christmas got away from me as well.

4:35 PM  
Blogger d34FpUpPy said...

this is a new blog addy

11:27 PM  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

Hellooooo!

Next Christmas or what? ;-)

6:17 PM  
Blogger d34FpUpPy said...

gbye buggy :(

9:30 PM  
Blogger ergo said...

You make me homesick for the lab. My kingdom for a roll of Parafilm!

I tagged you for a meme.

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home