Thursday, May 17, 2007

hello? are you there?

I lost my phone!

Well, only for a little while and truth be told, I didn't even know it was missing!!

I arrived home after a run in the pouring rain to meet up with Soupcan and gather a few groceries for a cheap meal. Somewhere between the front porch and Mr. Kim's grocery, my phone escaped from the damp pocket I'd secreted it.

Once home, I vaulted (literally I have to jump to get into the shower, horrid giant and useless tub) into the shower.

It was around the time I managed to get soap in my left eye that I heard a voice outside the bathroom.

Soupcan: uh, honey, did you just text me?

Me: Owwwwww!

Soupcan: Do you have your phone?

Me: *#%$

Soupcan: I think someone found your phone, I got a text saying "I found your phone on 5th ave"

Me: Arghhhh it stings!!

So I rinsed the soap from my eye, called the lady who found my phone on Soupcan's phone and pulled on my goulashes.

The phone appears to be suffering no ill feelings of loss and abandonment.

Perhaps this is because the lady who found it was comforting and kind. I'm going to text her later and offer to buy her a drink. Once again, I'm impressed with this city and the people who live here.

12 Comments:

Blogger katy said...

omg how kind and honest is she, it is a shame that more people are not like her, so that leaves us to this question...... if you found a phone would you keep it o do as this lady did?

11:48 AM  
Blogger Camie Vog said...

You are calling your hottie "Soupcan"?? I am confused.

Good thing about the return of the phone. Finally read the IRS post. I hate them, too. Not for coming after me, but for going after my husband TWICE!!!

11:58 AM  
Blogger ldbug said...

indoors - I know! I would contact the person too. I mean, what would I do with an extra phone anyway? That's just give me twice the trouble in trying to keep track of phones/not drop into buckets of water...

camie - well, it's a play on words from his real name...he's cool with it:-) Mean IRS!!

12:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That was sweet of her to return it and so promptly, before you even had a chance to wonder where it had gone!

12:45 PM  
Blogger Biddie said...

I love it when things turn out like that. Just proves that there are some honest people left out there. :)

2:54 PM  
Blogger The Boy said...

I do love hearing of people being honest. Most of humanity is.

Still, I had an opposite problem. I lost my phone while on a trip to Madrid, and only realised the next morning when a female friend of mine got in contact confused as to why I'd called and letched over the phone at her in a heavy Spainish accent in the middle of the night. I eventually found out he'd called and verablly molested every female name in my contacts list.

I spent a lot of money on flowers that week...

5:04 AM  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

Wait til yer get yer bill. "How much to call Vietnam????"

Jax lost hers in a swimming pool once (don't ask). Bloody thing worked fine after two days at the bottom.

5:54 AM  
Blogger Pallav said...

oh man, I'd die if I lost my phone , I got so much data in it!!!

i keep having nightmares about losing my phone but that keeps me cautious ;)

Good you found your phone, it rarely happens....

Take care!

N

6:30 AM  
Blogger ldbug said...

molly - it really was, also pretty silly of me to not realize it was missing...

biddie - I know, it's nice to know there are good peeps around:-)

boy - !!! How horrible!! I'll bet the ladies appreciated the flowers though;-P

nothingman - unfortunately, I've had pretty bad luck as far as phones go of late...I finally signed up for phone insurance, though!!!
4D - hmmmm let's hope not...bottom of a pool and it still worked? Wow!!!

11:18 AM  
Blogger dilling said...

sometimes I am astounded by people! i mean, I know I would call if I found a phone, but when somebody else does it? woohoo!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Gardenia said...

So glad an honest person found your phone! It's a bummer to lose something that may contain your personal information -

4:19 PM  
Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

I am glad you found it!! I would have done the same thing and returned it.

of course this would be after I called all the numbers on there and did some heavy breathing... giggles.

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home