Monday, April 23, 2007

Looking for Spring

While the last few weeks have been dreadful, pouring rain, chilly nights, a freak snowstorm or two, it seems that just this weekend, spring decided to smile on New York.

I can happily report that young kids all over Brooklyn are sore and sun burnt from playing baseball games all weekend, blooms have popped from previously gray tree limbs, BBQ's are still smoking from weekend gatherings, and I'm sporting a "healthy" glow from the sun after a perfect Sunday afternoon lying in the grass half cheering on the aforementioned baseball stars-to-be.

Of course, now I'm in an office taking a moment to type this up for all of you to read, imagine, enjoy. I'd really rather be outside. But, being the prepared, intelligent perfect creature that I am, I arrived to work earlier than usual this morning to allow for an early escape this evening where I will jog around the park then plant myself under a large, blooming tree until the sun decides it's time to go home.

9 Comments:

Blogger Biddie said...

Isn't is wonderful? I love it!
It's over cast here today, and the wind is blowing like mad, but it is spring.
sigh................

3:54 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

I love that you're so appreciative of the wonderfulness! That second paragraph of description totally made my mind pop.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Michael Colvin said...

Yay for Spring!

4:57 PM  
Blogger CindyDianne said...

Spring, Sprang, Sprung

5:11 PM  
Blogger dilling said...

thank god it's here...seems like it took forever.

10:52 PM  
Blogger The Boy said...

The joy of spring, nothing quite like it. Our BBQ made its first appearance last weekend, and we ate our first meals outside on the terrace. We did not play baseball, but the kids paddled and fished for minows in the local stream, and we kicked a football around a bit.

Ain't it grand?

4:12 AM  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

Lit me barby yesterday. Set the fence on fire. oops.

9:57 AM  
Blogger katy said...

its great now the sun is out the days are much more enjoyable

2:18 PM  
Blogger MrRyanO said...

I LOVE the weather that we are having (I'm out on Long Island),b ut it is killing me when I am stuck inside at work!!! I feel a 'sick' day coming...

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home