Thursday, October 26, 2006

??

On the way to work this morning I was stopped by a guy;

him: "Maam we are taking a picture."

me: "What?" as I keep walking to the train.

him: "Maam we are taking a picture!"

me: "Uh.." I slow down as he opens his wallet.

him: "Maam you're holding up the picture." walking toward me.

me: "What the.." backing up

him: "police! you need to move" holding out his wallet

me: "Is this real?" I look imploringly at the lady behind him who is moving to pass us.

him: "Maam! We're taking a picture, police!" he shows her his wallet.

me: "You've got to be fucking kiding me." I walk back the other way out of the tunnel with the other confused lady.

him: "Maam, sir, we're taking a picture!" assuming he's flashing his wallet to other confused commuters.

me: "Seriously, is this real?" I glance at the other lady, she shrugs, and peeks around the corner.

him: "Ok, we're done." gives me a nasty look as he and another 'policeman' huff out of the tunnel with a computer.

me: "ass" mumbling as other commuters pour from the multiple entrances where they were held up for a 'picture.'

If you are going to take 'pictures' or do what-ever it is that you do as an officer of the city WEAR A FREAKIN UNIFORM!!! I cannot see your badge inside of a wallet that you are flashing. Honestly, I am approached on a daily manner by people, do you think in your plain clothes you have any authority? That we will listen to your crazy-speak? I respect your position, I like having the cops around when I run in the dark, to direct traffic, to keep me safe. I realize that you guys were there to maybe take a picture of a long tunnel with multiple enterances that you feel needs security cameras. BUT, BUT maybe, just maybe you could be official about it?

And don't call me Maam, Jerk.

18 Comments:

Blogger .:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

The police here are ridiculous. We have some that ride bicycles and I always ask my self "What are they going to do if someone is in trouble? Double them back to the cop shop on their bike?" Well, they can't double you back on their bike because it is illegal.

But they should definately be wearing their uniforms.

12:16 PM  
Blogger ldbug said...

Yeah, I guess the only place for a bike police person is maybe in a park?

Anyway, it was weird. Plain clothes are for investigative work, or undercover. Otherwise, why should we pay attention to yet-another-freak yelling at us on the street?

12:20 PM  
Blogger Biddie said...

If some guy was holding something that looked like a wallet, and was approaching me, I'd kick his ass. I mean, I dunno, he could have anything in his hand...Maybe he's a perv and wants to grab me? Maybe he wants to rob me and the 'badge' is just a ruse to get me to step closer....
ASS-HAT. Put on your freaking uniform!!!!! Why are the police involved in picture taking, anyway? Was it a crime scene? ASS-HATS.

2:48 PM  
Blogger ldbug said...

No shit, he's pissed at ME because I'm cautious about being approached by a loud stranger!

I think they might be installing security cameras? I don't think it was a crime scene, but hell, without any sort of official ANYTHING, who knows?

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww...not running anymore?

6:39 PM  
Blogger ldbug said...

yes very much, just not online with it!! I'm running a marathon Dec2...hows your stuff going?

2:49 AM  
Blogger katy said...

why the hell does it matter if people where in the picture any ways, it werent a crime secene for gods!
just been catching up sorry about the bad news and watch out london here comes ldbug, go for it and keep the post going when youre there please

3:25 AM  
Blogger ldbug said...

I know!!!

Will do:-)

10:56 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

You should have volunteered to pose for his picture. Spice his official pictures up a bit!

12:37 PM  
Blogger ldbug said...

You are soooo right, Molly!! That would've been hilarious!!

1:07 PM  
Blogger Los said...

You should've said something like, "make sure to get my good side."

8:31 PM  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

Got stopped at a police road block near Heathrow Airport. Copper said "Can I see your identification please sir?" I said "Que?", he repeated his request. I said "Que? no eengleesh" n he said "Ok on you go"

I feel so secure over here....

10:05 AM  
Blogger ldbug said...

Oh wow. You should've called that guy out;-)

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would complain to the authorities about that, they could have been anyone.

5:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My stuff is still being logged, I've had vertigo for weeks so not been able to train...its utterly dull.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

You make a compelling point. And even if it was official, it was pretty irresponsible.

3:33 AM  
Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

how interesting. Say, hey dude... then bring tape, and mark off the area. Or come at a time when commuter traffic is lighter. i mean GOSH!

2:13 PM  
Blogger ldbug said...

Lady- I know, I considered calling about that

Ranter- Oh no! Seriously? I hate when I have an injury of any sort that prevents me from working out!! (Even if I'm lazy about working out;-)

Jay- it was just kinda freaky to be approached like that by a guy not in uniform and a wallet that half covered the stupid badge!

Mel- Yeah, I should've told him off about it, but I think I was just as confused as the rest of us!

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home