Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Lips

Ah, pretty, pretty.

So I've completed my experiment of Covergirl lip stuff. (from a couple of posts ago, I'd put a link, but I'm in a hurry and I don't know how to do that yet) I dedicated myself, and my lips to determining whether or not their double lip gloss actually had staying power. The commercial had been driving me crazy, so, I went and tried it out.

Results:

That stuff stays!! Through 4 cups of coffee, lunch, 2 diet pepsis, 1 bottle of water, 45 min at the gym, and dinner. Now, it's not as glossy by the end of the day, but the stain is still there. This is good news, if you like the color.

Guys: good news for you!! Once the color is on your sweeties lips, it won't rub off on you. Also, if you are one of those guys, you won't have to worry about lip smuges on your shirt collar.

Downfalls: Shrinkwrap. There is no tab to pull it off, so two fingernails, and a small, but alarming gouge from a small knife is necissary to open. Also, kinda pricey, 10$ a pop.


Non-lip-stuff talk: I'm drinking the largest, most espresso filled latte and my head is starting to float away, is that normal? On a positive note, only about 20 pages of thesis writing left to do!! woo-hoo!! I'm at page 108 right now...then formating, and bibliography, then....shots!!!! (can you tell the coffee is doing a lot of the 'enthusiastic' writing? i.e. lots of these '!!!!!!!!')

12 Comments:

Blogger Biddie said...

My brother was managing a spa a couple of summers ago, and he got some samples,freebies, etc.
He gave my 2 oldest and his wife this lipgloss that promised to stay on all day. It did. It not only stayed on through all 3 meals, smoking, etc, but my sister-in-law told me that it was SOO sticky that after petting her cat, she had cat hair STUCK to her lips like glue. She said that she picks up lint from sweaters, too.
Nice.
Good luck with the thesis.

11:56 AM  
Blogger ldbug said...

Eww!! Well, this stuff kinda stains rather than sticks...so I've escaped cat hair all over my lips all day! That could be embarassing:-)

12:03 PM  
Blogger Michael Colvin said...

Well congratulations, but aren't you girls worried about stuff on your face that won't come off?

HAHAHA! Furry cat lips. I want to see furry cat lips!

12:12 PM  
Blogger David Tellez said...

OMG! You're already on page 108?! What kind of thesis are you writing?! And here I used to think, writing 10 pages was pure hell. Man, your brain must be slush right now, huh? Anyways...

I liked the results of your experiment! I love making out (LOL!), especially with someone who's lips look so satin and shiny... And so it's kinda cool to know there's lip stuff out there, to help achieve that perfect fantasy. Of course, the bigger question is, how do you go in the store to buy the lip stuff for your girl? My guess is, it's probably the same way you go in when you buy condoms or a pregnancy test.

5:35 PM  
Blogger ldbug said...

Furry cat lips, I like that, tode! It's kinda dirty;->

Good question, DT, I guess it's not as bad as the condoms, but uh, you could flirt with the lady in the makeup department to make up for feeling dorky for buying lip-gloss *giggle*

8:27 PM  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

108 pages??? you go girl!!! If they don't pass you with honours they're dicks!

Furry cat lips? I could get out of order here but I won't as it's you...

5:22 PM  
Blogger ldbug said...

Thanks 4D! I just hit 123 today. I need to finish this section, then 10-15 pages of the last section....I really want to be done this week.

I know, I know..tempting isn't it?

5:40 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Good news on the lipgloss. The last time I bought long-lasting expensive crap was a huge disappointment.

3:00 AM  
Blogger katy said...

good luck on finsihing the thesis cant imagine writing all those pages!

3:44 AM  
Blogger katy said...

mmmm just read this mindless fact most lipsticks contain fish scales!

12:42 PM  
Blogger C said...

Oooh! I'm gonna have to check it out!!

11:53 PM  
Blogger ldbug said...

Actually, just tested out the stuff tonight, still on and looking fabulous!! :-)

3:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home