Thursday, December 07, 2006

Free Speech is a Bitch

Some people blog to advertise. Some to promote a political party or idea. Some create a weblog as a forum for religous discussion. Most, however, create a blog to spit out the ideas running around in their heads. These ideas range from a favorite movie to tough personal issues to the mundane tasks of day to day life.

My blog is about me. It's about the way I see the world, the things I've experienced, seen or thought of. Sometimes it's light, sometimes not so much. There are only so many posts I can do about the mathematical geniuses at Cheetos so some of my posts are a little more in depth. I'm a writer by nature and putting into words or stories things that are in my head is what I do.

If you don't like reading what I have to say, then don't read it. I read a post awhile back from kill the goat where she addressed a harsh comment of her site basically stating that all she talked about was herself. Well, of course she does! And that's why I love her posts. They're about her, from her. She's a fun, fantastic writer who is also a human being who stumbles from time to time. As are we all.

I considered closing down my site last night. Or at the least, taking off the comment link. But I'm not going anywhere. I'm not ashamed of what I say on this blog, and I'm willing to take the flack that comes with it in the form of comments. I'll appologize when I need to and I'll stick up for myself when that is called for.

I'm naturally a very outspoken, high-energy person. I like to be funny and make people around me happy. Only people who know me very well can tell when I'm depressed. I've been depressed and fairly low for a long time. My divorce was one of the hardest things I've gone through. Add to that five and a half years of questioning myself and my abbilities. Anyone who's gone to grad school can tell you it's hell. Attacking those personal vulnerabilities is wrong. But again, I'll admit, I've put them out there thereby making myself free game to anyone willing to take advantage.

As for the future of this blog, I'll do some investigative work about the misgivings one might have with Cheetos and see how far that'll take me.

16 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad you aren't going any where! I like to come here and read what you have to say!

11:09 AM  
Blogger ldbug said...

Molly - Thanks:-)

11:31 AM  
Blogger Dr. Evil Witch said...

Yes, princess, feel free to spout any idiotic, self-important, delusional lies on your blog. You sound insane, but it's probably nothing a straight-jacket and a truckload of antipsychotics couldn't tackle.

And at least learn to spell "free speech" if you're going to use it to defend your hateful attacks.

11:40 AM  
Blogger ldbug said...

Dr - ? I've personally appologized to you, please let go of the hate.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Dr. Evil Witch said...

Hmmm...I don't recall hearing an apology directed my way. I read what seemed like a sincere apology (minus the expensive present part) to your brother. Perhaps posting such insolent (and untrue!) comments is your right, but please expect the criticism that comes with that. I don't tolerate such cowardly attacks from anyone. Yes, it would be nice to actually hear you apologize to me for the pain you've caused, but it's not going to ruin my day if you don't.

Good luck in London.

12:00 PM  
Blogger dilling said...

Geez folks, if you're really not letting it ruin your day, then let it go already. Honestly, just let it go. We'd all like to let things get back to normal around here.
ld-hoping for a return of better things soon.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Shauna's Family said...

We assume the "Princess" realizes that Dr. E.W. also has a family who loves her very much. Well, if not, then we are here to enlighten you. Not only have you hurt your own brother and someone he cares about, you have also showed us a side of you that is not very becoming. (Not a good start, wouldn't you say)?

We were a little concerned when we first heard that Shauna was seeing Ben. We were concerned simply because of the fact that we didn't know him (or his family!), but we do know Shauna. We understand that Shauna is an adult and we respect her decisions whether or not we agree with them. (You would do yourself a great service if you tried this with your brother). Shauna's family has always loved and supported her in all of her endeavors, but we wouldn't exactly say she was treated like a "princess".

You have openly admitted on the internet that your parents worshiped their "Little Princess" and gave you everything your heart desired. (Red Flag)! Sounds like you are use to getting your own way, and when you don't you get a little dramatically upset! You are taking this out on a person that you don't know or even care to get to know for your brothers sake.

Finally, when you realize that your brother has a life of his own (try it, you might like it) and that you and the rest of his family should be there for when and if he needs you, then and only then will this begin to heal. You have made the first step towards rectifying this situation that you have created. Your apology to your brother sounded sincere, and we would venture to guess that you really do care about him. But, we didn't see where you even attempted to appologize to Shauna, who also cares for Ben.

Happy Holidays!

12:28 PM  
Blogger ldbug said...

dilling - I aggree, wow.

Family - I'm in NY, about as far away as I can get from the situation. I am living my own life. I haven't spoken to my brother since July. The hurt (I caused?) started with a cruel e-mail from Shauna to a friend of mine. I responded to that. I'M SORRY SHAUNA.

Ok? Now let's move on.

12:36 PM  
Blogger dilling said...

omg...

3:12 PM  
Blogger tideliar said...

Wow, this is fun!! Need to run out and get some nachos & dip before the next installemnt....Isn't the internet a wonderful medium!

3:26 PM  
Blogger ldbug said...

dilling - i feel that

tidy - yes, get ready! I'm preparing a series on the delights in the vending machine *smacks lips* Yum!!;-)

3:44 PM  
Blogger ergo said...

Nice to know that you have such passionate and committed readers.

Buck up, Little Princess, some of us love you very much and think you are perfect. Except for that cheesy popcorn fixation and your unruly kitty. *wink*

Have a Happy Hannukah!

4:29 PM  
Blogger ldbug said...

Love you too ergo! Sorry about the cat, he's a pain *sigh*

4:39 PM  
Blogger Michael Colvin said...

ldbug,

Switch your moderation on before their dog gets a blooger account and adds its ten pence worth too ;)

4:56 PM  
Blogger dilling said...

woof woof

5:08 PM  
Blogger ldbug said...

tod - Hadn't thought of that, but no worries, I've got a pretty tough little cat on this end to add a furball or two;-)

dilling - rwoowr

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home