Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Whirlwind

Well, I'm off to London this evening - well, including taxi ride, more like this afternoon! The roommate and I will hit London tomorrow to see a few sights then split up since I have a friend in Liverpool and she has one..uh..somewhere else.

I'm excited to see London, but since we'll only get one day there it'll be a quick visit. I'm actually more excited to travel out to Liverpool - no not because of the city, but because I haven't seen my friend since we graduated from High school almost ten years ago! (yeah, I'm that old)

I remember so many times we hung out growing up. My favorite memory was the summer we went up to Flathead. Her poor mother volunteered to take seven 13 year old girls camping and to the waterslides. That was a cold and rainy summer, and all the better for us since we had the water park to ourselves. Being of tough, Montana stock we swam in the freezing lake, and biked in the mud. In the evening we sat around the fire and gossiped about the cute boy we'd seen wandering around the camp-ground. Even better, he came over to talk to us!!

Now I'm going to see my friend, so many years later, and meet her boyfriend in Liverpool. BD and I are going to cook a traditional American Thanksgiving dinner (really, whatever that means) on Friday for boyfriend and his friends. Yes, I know Thanksgiving is on Thursday, but I'll be in London that day having just flown in.

So, I don't know how "traditional" this meal is going to be - I mean, do you guys even have cranberries in a can or yams? Well, at least I know the turkey made it overseas;-)

Fourdinners, I would love to see you but this trip is going to be so fast. I'm in London Thursday, then Liverpool on the weekend, then leave on Sunday, but I promise, when I finally move there (hoping for March) I would love to meet up with you, Jax and Caz!

Ok, so I'll be back on Sunday night, or if too tired, Monday so everyone have a great Thanksgiving (if you're in the states) and everyone else have a great weekend!

11 Comments:

Blogger Steven said...

Enjoy the trip!

And the "traditional" Thanksgiving. ;)

Steve~

11:04 AM  
Blogger ldbug said...

Steve - Thanks:-)

4D, if you read these comments: I can't comment on your site from work for some reason. The word verification won't come up - anyway good luck with gettin on the radio!!

12:10 PM  
Blogger katy said...

have a great time in london and visiting your friend in liverpool

12:30 PM  
Blogger The Boy said...

A weekend in England? That's courageous. Taking the train up to Liverpool, just watch out for the wrong sort of leaves on the line.

Turkeys, yes, cranberries, only if you look very hard, yams, no problem in a big supermarket.

1:26 PM  
Blogger ldbug said...

Indoors - I'm soo excited only one hour to go!!

Boy - no cranberries? I wonder if my friend found an American ethnic store;-)

2:01 PM  
Blogger Michael Colvin said...

Have a great time!

2:37 PM  
Blogger Clarissa said...

You can do 2 thanksgivings! or 3 or 4! There are lots of meals in London! Come on over. We'll have cranberries(but can't reveal our source!) xx, c

2:51 PM  
Blogger * (asterisk) said...

I hope you manage to find a pearly king in Covent Garden while you're there...

8:51 AM  
Blogger RD said...

Liverpool?

You will be about 18 miles from me!

9:57 AM  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

You were in London and didn't tell me??? We could have had a drink and got drunk and then you'd've missed yer flight n woke up with a bad hang over and no passport and not known where you were and been arrested and..... oh..... that's why yer never said....

9:27 AM  
Blogger ldbug said...

Tod - Thanks!!

Clarissa - Oh, you're so sweet! We brought canned cranberries over the pond;-)

astrisk - A pearly king? I was in Covent Garden last night checking out the pubs...

rd - Here now!! Maybe I passed you on the bus?

4D - Up in Liverpool now....I'm totally coming back in the spring so I can meet up with you!! I'll have more time when I move here:-)

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home