Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Pink Soap



Talking on a cell phone in the bathroom. The only appropriate time to do this is in a very loud bar and it’s -50 F, or a hurricane is raging outside. It’s gross, it’s rude, and just don’t do it sans alcohol, otherwise I’m going to throw pink soap on you.

Flew to Montana for a few days. Really had a great trip despite the fact that I had to suffer through a longer, more expensive flight than to London. I live in this country, yet my mail apparently is still delivered via pony express, and travel, at it’s best (by that I mean coach, not that first class exists on flights to Montana, it doesn’t. I was bumped up once, but the planes are too small for first class!), a weary traveler arrives merely 30 min late, one scrumptious meal of exactly 4 pretzels, more than 8 hours of flight and a mad 15 min dash from one end of the Salt Lake terminal to the other on your transfer.

At it’s worst, overnight delays, no pretzels, turbulence, one or two good scares, crammed next to a very large passenger, and running out of money to buy another glass of mind-calming red wine, because if you don’t you may need to be forcibly restrained.

Once landed safely, however, I’m usually in a better mood….that is until I have to get my luggage, more later…

10 Comments:

Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

Is pink soap more painful? I'll keep an eye on what Caz is buying then!

2:50 PM  
Blogger ldbug said...

I don't know, but I'll test it;-)

Actually, it just happens to be the soap in our bathroom here at work, and it's always leaking everywhere, so people usually end up wearing it by the end of the day!

3:17 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

Does the pink soap smell bad too? (you know with that fake strawberryish antiseptic smell)
Yes, that is an appropriate punishment; especially,if the call is to the accompaniment of flushing.

I am visiting from "Life, or something like it." I am enjoying your posts and love the ladybug picture.

4:49 PM  
Blogger ldbug said...

Thanks, mjd!! Always more fun to find more people out there:-)

You know the worst is being on the other end of the line and hearing the flush..then you have to decide 'do I know this person well enough to say "did you just pee on the phone?"'

5:56 PM  
Blogger Biddie said...

I hate that! I don't usually say anything if I hear the flush..Glad you're back. I was wondering where you'd been.

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi liked reading this postHe!He!He!
I have to watch what I am saying
Wish you well :) .

2:15 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

Sounds like fun :)

Survive.

7:47 AM  
Blogger ldbug said...

damn pink soap;-)

10:15 AM  
Blogger dilling said...

Ew...honestly, ew...no phone in the bathroom...ew ew ew ew ew ew.
I hate pretzels, too.
Geez, it sounds like so much fun...I can't wait to fly...

11:56 AM  
Blogger ldbug said...

Ha,ha;-) The big planes cross country give you crackers too!! and yeah, yeah, it's $5 a pop for alcohol, but hell, it's worth it! A couple wines and you're all set.

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home