Saturday, July 29, 2006

The Pie Affair


Ah Friday, without a doubt, my favorite day of the week and, what's better, the day of the after-work-drink-turned-all-night-bender-cos-i-know-i-can-sleep-in-tomorrow!

My roommate and I had originally planned on a casual drink with a not so casual colleague. Roommate has determined we'll all end up working for that woman someday and, shortly after that, she'll be president. I've determined that woman is an uptight, snobby, society bitch, but hey, maybe I'm being too hasty. Of course the run-ins with her have not dulled my first impression. We bring sack-lunches, she takes her managers 'out' to lunch. We wear rumpled, semi-casual, work attire, she wears perfectly pressed skirt-suit outfits. We show up when our bosses do, she shows up a good hour before...Ok, maybe she will eventually be our boss, but I'm not voting for her when she runs for president!

Well, she ditched us for drinks, so, being the resourceful, interns that we are, Roommate and I trotted down to Toad Hall for after-work drinks with other co-workers. A number of Stella's later and our party down to three, the idea of pizza and more beer seemed like a good, no great plan that had to be implemented immediately. Somehow, Roommate and I found ourselves trailing a 6'6'' Englishman, down the streets of Manhattan, in search of the perfect pizza and pitcher of beer, and find it we did.

One expensive, strange, mushroom pizza, and two pitchers later, we finally decided enough is enough, and at nearly 2 in the morning, caught the F train home. Roommate and I made a friend on the train, well, either that or we scared the poor fellow half to death with our silly beer-talk. Then, home at last, I chowed down on Raman noodles, Roommate fell asleep on the floor. It was a good night.

8 Comments:

Blogger Heidi Grether said...

Hmmm, last night I asked TT if he would drive me to banks to make my deposits, as I had nearly 18 oz of beer while my Dot was giving me a pedicure after work. Took the top down on Windy, made me a vodka toddy and off we went.

Nearly midnight, we are coming home from meeting friends at a lovely beachy outside bar and restaurant!!

It is absolutely nauseating, I know, but by 7:30, I was up and off for a 50 minute bike ride! So much for sleeping in!

7:05 PM  
Blogger ldbug said...

Oh dear, you should be posting on alter-ego where the work-outs happen!!! ldbug is lazy, sleeps till noon, run4funster is working on getting ldbug running 5x a week, 5-6mi! ugh, ldbug is suffering!!!!

2:56 AM  
Blogger ergo said...

Dude is seriously tall!
i didn't notice until the group hug in the subway station.

3:07 AM  
Blogger ldbug said...

damn!!!!!! from me, comment above from meeeeee!!

3:28 AM  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

If you made it home at all it was a good night. If you didn't make it home and woke up somewhere unkown to you - now that's a GREAT night! When I was 19 I once woke up in a front garden when an old lady prodded me with her walking stick. She made me breakfast n all!

11:44 AM  
Blogger ldbug said...

Even better, staying out all night, not realizing it's morning till you leave the bar! Done that a couple times, once in vegas, then we found a breakfast buffet for $4, yum...

She made you breakfast? That's cute, actually;-)

5:54 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Hey Lady...Bug. Okay that wasn't very funny but I can claim the heat, at least...

seriously, good blog. Johnny's... good bar.

Let me know if you'd like to have more beers.

11:03 PM  
Blogger ldbug said...

Sure!

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home