Wednesday, July 12, 2006

New York, New York!




So half-way into day three and I'm fairly sure this is not my calling. I know that's not fair, I should give it more time, time that I seem to have in abundance at this job. In otherwords, I'm borrrrrrrred! I'm not an office person, I knew that when I did a temp job the summer before college, I know it now. Excell, meetings, a squeaky printer constantly spitting out jobs behind me, a guy with his daily cup-o-noodles beside me, an under-age editor pasting red all over some researcher's article to my back, heels constantly clicking down the hallway, ugh, ugh, blugh. Not my thing!

The view isn't too bad, of course there isn't a spot of green to be seen, but the buildings are OK. The boss shows up late everyday, which works for me! And she's a very nice lady who insists we get tea at least twice a day. My roommate is fun, laughs at my jokes, and doesn't mind the cat. We have plans for the weekend, a trip to Connecticut, a weenie roast at her friend's house. Since I've never been to a weenie roast in Connecticut, I'm looking forward to the event.

Still, I'm getting the feeling I live in the film "Office Space" because I just know I'm going to take a bat to that printer......

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys should make a weekend trip to come visit us in Rhode Island sometime! Lots of fun in Newport and Providence!

12:16 PM  
Blogger ldbug said...

oooooo yeah!!!! e-mail me crush720@gmail.com

1:40 PM  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

I had an American girlfriend somewhere in the early 80's - not entirely sure when exactly - who called me Mr Weeny. This worried me. I'm going to sleep now. I may have bad dreams. She was very nice though. I think.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Gardenia said...

Awwwww, I hope you get to green fields soon. Offices can stiffle the spirit rather quickly. Hope ya have room for a nice green plant beside you!

12:40 AM  
Blogger ldbug said...

Oh, no, 4D, sorry to bring back any bad memories;)

I'm not sure if we can have plants, Diana, I'm looking around...don't see any..hmm, I might try and be a rebel!

10:41 AM  
Blogger Camie Vog said...

No worries until they move your office into the basement....

10:15 AM  
Blogger ldbug said...

I'm keeping watch of my stapler;)

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home