Saturday, July 08, 2006

Wok Popcorn












Made it to New York, of course, the six month NYC internship I'm so excited for happens after I go home and find all the things I've been looking for since I left, nine years ago. I found the place I belong, surrounded by mountains, filled with family and friends (who actually get my humor), and with the one thing that's been missing in my life, till now...I found that popcorn tastes better in a frying pan, that fireworks look better from the rooftop, that hottubs are better with two, that Superman can stop bullets with his eye, that knowing someone, their family, friends, successes, jobs, doesn't mean you've ever necessarily met them. Now I have. Then I had to leave. Now I can't wait to get back. Now I'm going to sit here and help my new, Brooklyn, roommate, eat popcorn from a wok, because we couldn't find a bowl, and I got the idea from someone I can't wait to share a frying pan with again.

3 Comments:

Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

How'd yer keep it in the wok when it starts poppin'? I know...I know nothin'!

Fatfiz is no more. RIP. Yer know where he is though dontcha?

4:20 PM  
Blogger ldbug said...

:) you pop it first, (via microwave or pot) then serve in the wok, or frying pan, whatever, it's fun!

Where is he?

P.S. at the new job in NYC right now! getting a bit bored, though...

5:07 PM  
Blogger Heidi Grether said...

The irony of it all. So NYC is a temporary move and you could return home for good?

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home