Saturday, June 03, 2006

Chicago




So, as some of you may know, I just spent a week in Chicago with my best friend (since the third grade) and her husband, well, yeah, known him now for 9 years! damn, I'm getting old;) anyway, wanted to share with you guys two things; the fav of the art museum and the receive to the best spaghetti (from Josh) EVER!!!! oh and by the way, my favorite painting is the first, the rape of the sabines, saw the sculpture in Italy, man, amazing...

Ok best spaghetti ever: brown ground beef, 85% lean, at nearly brown, add garlic, onion and approximately 2 TBS of extra virgin olive oil. When beef done, set aside. Add approximately 30 small cherry tomatoes to pot with heated 1/4 cup olive oil. Add two tsp of salt, and 4-5 tsp of ground pepper. Sautee' tomatoes for 10 to 15 min. Add basil and/or Italian seasoning to taste then add to food processor or blender. Combine until of same consistency. Add tomato mixture to browned and flavored beef. Add pepper to taste. Spaghetti noodles should be cooked al dente in olive oil and salt. Man, the best, best, randomly thrown together sauce in the world!!!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

Spaghetti..mmmmmmmmmm....you've made me drool over me keypad....urgh!...your fault. Like classical art best of all. Nice pics

10:48 AM  
Blogger ldbug said...

Yeah, isn't the art cool? We got in free too, I guess Tuesdays are free at the Chicago museum of art. It was a blast but I ate way toooooo much while I was up there!

3:17 PM  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

Isn't the Art Institute incredible? I was there about 2 weeks ago for the first time and was so blown away by the collections. I would have sent you my phone number but I missed you leaving, plus, I bet you were super busy with your best pals!

Next time,
Candy

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home