Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Here's to Hershey

Well, my younger brother bought a dog last year. He specifically looked for a dog that could run all day (brother's a runner) hike, camp, etc.. He found one! A big, lean chocolate dog who never stopped! Ben took the Hershey running everyday, up to the mountains. Well, the dog ran after a bird the other day, out onto a road and was hit by a semi. Ben blames himself, and maybe he could've trained the dog better to listen to him, but really, it's not his fault, it's just really, really bad luck. So Ben and his friend buried the poor guy out there in the mountains. I can't imagine what went through him to see that. My brother has never seen an animal, or rather a pet, die before. He always refused to be there when our animals needed to be put down..I always went, never wanting our little furry family members to be alone. Granted Ben is older now, but he's a true gentle soul and I know he's hurting right now. That dog has been his best friend through the end of school, the beginning of one job and the next. Hershey was absolutely in love with Ben, as faithful as they come, slept at his feet (with his stuffed animal, a moose), went on every road trip, cried whenever Ben left, and tackled him to the floor in greeting. Here's to Hershey, sorry you had to go so soon, thank-you for taking care of my little brother when he needed a friend the most.

4 Comments:

Blogger Camie Vog said...

I swear, that post is not about you...I realize that you aren't listed on my blogroll....and paranoia may be setting in, but it is not about you. I like your site. Really. You are friends with 4Dinners and TidyLies, which automatically makes you okay in my book. Sorry if I made you feel bad...I didn't mean to.

6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is so sad lady so im not usin my puppy name on here cos that will be 2 gross

12:52 AM  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

All dogs go to heaven
x

2:49 PM  
Blogger ldbug said...

It's cool, camie, just a little paranoia is normal with me;)

Had forgotten that, 4D, yeah, I'm sure that pup is up there running his little heart out

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home