Monday, December 11, 2006

Full of air

My mattress is full of air. Well, not so much by the morning. If you're just tuning into this snowflake's life, I've been sleeping on an air mattress for a couple reasons. One: I thought I'd only be here for six months, you know as a seasonal thing. But then I got more money to stay longer, and aw hell, it's hard to say "no" to earning a steady wage for a few more months.

Two: I'm waiting to hear on a job in London. So what's the point in buying a nice, comfy mattress then abandoning the poor thing? I'm resigned to wait it out and continue to re-inflate the air mattress my sweet-little-pain-in-the-ass-cat put a hole in, each night.

But fear not! This snowflake will be fine!

And on the upside, the faster the air mattress deflates, the earlier I rise in the morning for work. Honestly, as much as I love to snuggle in my blankets and freshly washed sheets, I'm none too pleased with cuddling the wood floor beneath me. I'll just keep my eye on the goal here. Job across the pond, and a dear relationship with a brand new pillowy* dream of a mattress.

*think I made up a new word as the spell checker is confused as hell on this one - though I swear I’ve heard it before.......

13 Comments:

Blogger MrRyanO said...

Good luck with everything! Cuddling the wood floor can be tough!

10:22 AM  
Blogger ldbug said...

rock - I won't lie, it is uncomfortable after about 7 hours. Used to last a whole 8, but ho-hum at least I can get up and re-inflate for an extra few hours on the weekend!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Is it at least a super duper extra tall (four feet off the floor instead of four inches) camping mattress?

Air matresses definitely are NOT the way to enjoy good sleeping...though better than the floor indeed.

10:56 AM  
Blogger The Boy said...

I've got a spare matress sitting in the garage, but that's in London, so the shipping costs might be a tad high...

11:26 AM  
Blogger ldbug said...

molly - saddly it's the camping mattress!! But I've got a super comfy pillow and comforter to make up for it?

boy - It'd be cheaper for me to fly there & sleep in the garage;-P

11:38 AM  
Blogger Steven said...

Hey, don't knock the air mattress. I spent three out of four years of my time in college on an air mattress. ;)

Good luck with everything!

Steve~

1:15 PM  
Blogger ldbug said...

Steve - I actually slept on one of those eggshell things for a year of college, so I guess I should consider this a luxury!!

1:18 PM  
Blogger dilling said...

I had one for my bed for a year while Michael was away on a contract and I was "temporarily" living elsewhere...all of our stuff was in storage. It doesn't hold much body heat so I never felt really "warm" and the noise when I or the dog moved woke me all night, but I felt committing to buying a mattress while ours was in storage was, i don't know, tempting fate, or something. like you and yours, while waiting for another job....fingers crossed.

1:27 PM  
Blogger katy said...

yep like the new word 'pillowy'!
so if your late for work its a great excuse, 'sorry the air bed lasted longer than i the usual 7 hours'!

2:24 PM  
Blogger ldbug said...

dilling - yeah, the noise!! My roommate makes fun of me if I can't sleep. She can hear me tossing and turning till I fall asleep.

indoors - that is a great excuse, I'll note it for further use;-)

2:54 PM  
Blogger Gardenia said...

Oh, sounds as if you are in that nasty middle of transition too! I'm sorry, but I had to laugh at the picture in my mind of you & kitty throughout the night as mattress deflated, to wake up in a puddle of material in the morning. I only THOUGHT I have it bad -

I gave away all my considerable amount of plants yesterday, some getting quite neglected because I'm depressed and packed more boxes and one large suitcase. The snooping landlords don't dare ask "WHAT?" because I'll know they did their snoop thing....teeee heeee. BUT I haven't yet gotten down to an air mattress - when I get back from Florida, I will put an ad in the paper to get rid of furniture.

A job in London sounds pretty darn exciting!

4:38 PM  
Blogger ldbug said...

gardenia - it is giggle worthy!

Oh, that's horrible the landlords snoop! And against the law!!

I'm definitely excited!! got the fingers crossed......

4:49 PM  
Blogger .:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

I have slept on an air mattress before and for the first few nights it is not too bad but I can't imagine doing it for months.

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home