Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Back for a moment!!!


Well, hello, hello!!! It's been awhile! I'm sorry guys, I've just been sort of out of it for a bit. I'm in the lab right now ('cos everyone has gone home for the day) and typing as fast as I can so I can get out of here before I have to see anyone who may come back for a bit (they're laptops are here still, so they may be lurking..)

Anyway, so, as to the meeting. Well, it went just fine, I gave a great talk, answered all their questions and gave them a damn good written introduction...however, they think I'm not cut out for science. Why? you ask, because my gels aren't good...yup, that's it, because the preliminary data and I stress, PRELIMINARY, data I showed at the end of my talk wasn't as beautiful as finished data can be. I'm sorry, folks, but that's a bunch of bullshit. I didn't reach any conclusions on it, I was careful to say it only indicated such and such and blah, blah, but nope, they took it as final data. They specifically told me, " you should look for another career because you are too personable and your gels aren't any good." Well, FUCK YOU! That's pretty much my response. Particularly since the comments at Christmas were "you don't speak well, don't write well, don't have a strong scientific background, and aren't academic in your approach to your experiments...but you're good on the bench. This time? The comments this time? Oh, well, you speak well, sound like a scientist, have a strong scientific background, were academic in your approach, and your writing is "quite good", but, your not good on the bench... Yeah, Ok, I get it, I could fucking cure cancer and you will never, never give me anything more than a Master's. Fine, well, I get the message, I'll leave..I'm leaving.

6 Comments:

Blogger Camie Vog said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I have missed your posts at your blog. Tidy did a great job keeping us informed, though.
It has been a tough few weeks of worry for me, as the people I have grown to love and appreciate via the blogs have been going through lifes dramas (you, ranting dullard, 4D). Deep down, I know you guys will survive and thrive, it is just the immediate that is the bitch. Please continue to keep in touch to let us know you are okay.

7:50 PM  
Blogger ldbug said...

I'll try, as soon as I have my own computer, it should be more frequent!! Anyway, I'm off to Chicago tomorrow to see my best friend and her husband..I'll update on the trip when I get back!!

7:59 PM  
Blogger ldbug said...

Puppy, I can appeal the decision, and I'm looking into it, unfortunatly, even if the university sides with me and grants me my Ph.D., then I'll still be stuck without any references...I just think it's best to get on with life and find another place to get the degree.

I'll update you on the details as they come in:)

8:57 PM  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

Would it help if I send a few football fans I know over there to sort 'em out? They've time on their hands as they're banned from goin' to Germany for the World Cup n they can be very persuasive!

Little Caz is a microbiologist n her attitude is so close to yours you could be sisters! She got her reference all those years ago as they were too frightened of her not too! So go frighten 'em LD!

10:23 AM  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

you ok ld? where you gone then?

5:40 PM  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

"Ain't missin you at all...since you been gone away"...great song. That fella from The Babies...forgot his name...n yes we are...missin yer that is. Be safe.

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home