Monday, November 28, 2005

A&J

I think I just had the best Thanksgiving of my life, no wait, I know I've just had the best Thanksgiving! My best friend and her husband drove down here from Chicago just to see me. They are the coolest people! They drove in Wed. night and we drank all night at the local pub, woke up the next day to catch the end of Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, just the cheesest thing but tradition none-the-less. We had a fire, Turkey, food, food, food, champagne, wine, beer, football, and a movie. Everyone dressed up for the event (until we all got too stuffed and drunk to care) and we rounded the evening sipping whiskey in front of a movie and a dying fire. They stayed through Friday so we stayed in playing poker (and drinking) all evening. I guess I had forgotten how it can be to have a group of really wonderful friends all together. It's been awhile since I've been in that position. So not much work was accomplished this weekend, but the time spent with my friends was worth any loss of work time. Life is a hell of a lot more important than lab.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home