Wednesday, November 16, 2005

that time of year

Well kids, it's that time of year again when turkeys run scared! I'm looking forward to thanksgiving, but Christmas is a bit of a dilemma..in a post I wrote not to long ago, I was torn between going home for the holiday or staying here for two reasons: hurting my family and work. Well, now the problem has changed. Due to my indecision, prices for a flight home are around $800. My parents are not rich people, and are both retired now, but I know they will offer to pay for the flight. I can't, in good conscience, let them pay that much money. I would rather they gift me a fraction of that to renew my health insurance and car insurance for Christmas. Maybe I'm being too practical, isn't it more important to be with family on Christmas? Or should I just postpone the trip to a cheaper time of year? Also I don't think I can take more than a couple days anyway, which would mean a lot of travel time and a lot of money for a little time there. Later, however, I could get more time, if my work has settled down. Maybe I've already made my decision...Montana is just such a long way from here:(

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, maybe instead of going home for Christmas or staying there in Memphis, you could always go visit Brown University where you really want to end up anyway. That way you could visit Brown and come see your friends that you've neglected for ohhh so long of a time now. And no promises about not staring at your breats either. Thats just way too much to ask from guys. We're fascinated with stuff that we can't have.

7:41 AM  
Blogger ldbug said...

Well, that is certainally tempting:)

1:38 PM  
Blogger tideliar said...

Ahhh...I love staring at breats all day too.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Musicgirl said...

I knew you were a breat freak!

11:00 PM  
Blogger ldbug said...

There are only two kinds of men who don't stare at breasts, gay men and hard core atheletes (mostly runners) and even both of those groups can appreciate when you jump a cup size...

11:11 AM  
Blogger Penny Dreadful said...

ain't that the truth...
I'm sorely tempted to cover my eyes sometimes and say "quick! what color are my eyes"
?

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home