Monday, November 21, 2005

Looking up

Wow, what an emotionally draining weekend. I'm so mentally tired that I almost couldn't get excited about some good experimental results today...almost. I'm hoping things will start to look up now, I've been down for so long. This year has been particularly trying. Last fall my now ex-husband left Memphis and went home to Portland. We couldn't make it work and, in the end, it was the best decision to be able to move on in our very separate lives. But still...it hurts. Thinking how things could've been, should've been, but then, how long can I pine away feeling sorry for myself? Life goes on, experiments occasionally work, people occasionally show their best side, a friend's shoulder occasionally catches your head on the way down...

"obstacles are those dark, ugly things that get in your way only when you take your eyes off your goal" (Chester)

My goal is clear, the path there is fairly dark and ugly, but only because I happen to look around from time to time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mata Hari said...

if this is who I think it is...you wanna come over for turkey? I just got a puppy-check the pics online

3:09 PM  
Blogger ldbug said...

It is! Sorry hon, but I've got plans. My best friend and her husband are coming into town and we're all lined up for Turkey. But let me know if you want to meet up on the weekend:)

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home