Friday, July 08, 2011

98 more to go?

It's Friday, which means I'm feeling even lazier than usual. I don't think that is abnormal, most people find the end of the week a bump in the road to the weekend.

Still, it's nice and cool out, I don't have stressful work to do (just read some papers and attend a pizza party seminar), so I should be rearing to go for my run after work.

I'm a little down, though.

Sleepy, and a little sad that I don't get to actually eat the pizza at lunch. I mean, if I'm going to go on a 100 day run, I might as well tackle my diet as well. So, it's low fat yogurt for me. Don't get me wrong, I actually like low fat yogurt it's just going to be a struggle watching everyone suck down the yummy grease. Well, if I think of it that way, maybe not so hard.

Anyway, here's the main problem: I bought a ticket yesterday to a fundraiser for a local basketball team. It includes a nice lake cruise and dinner (hopefully not pizza), and some (probably very bad) karaoke on the lawn afterwards. The whole thing starts at 6pm, and I don't usually leave work much before 8pm. Well, it's OK to leave work around 5pm on a Friday in the summer, surely.

Only that's not my problem.

The problem is there isn't enough time to run before the lake cruise. I don't want to miss it, I mean, I'm going alone so I'm kinda thinking it could be a bust since I won't know anyone. But people in Montana are really nice, especially from small towns, so I'm sure I'll find someone to talk to. And if not, I guess I'll skip the karaoke and be home by 9pm to run.

So there it is, my problem.

I have to run tonight no matter what I eat, drink, or how long I stay up.

Now, some of you might protest, why didn't you just run in the morning?

Because when I woke up at 7am (out of a really great dream by the way) and saw the sun streaming in, I moaned and put a pillow over my head for the next three hours.

Ah, so you over slept, you then chastise.

Yes, you sarcastic jerk, I overslept.

So, you got into work late and your leaving early? Your tongue clucks as you shake your head.
Well done, you've hit the nail on the head, and you're still a jerk. But in my defense, the college is closed on Fridays in the summer, so I'm really just here out of the goodness of my heart. And I really like my job. So there, my job is awesome, yours probably isn't as cool as mine, (I'm now childishly pointing out.)

You just shake your head at my behavior.

Yeah, yeah, well I've got my punishment lined up all right. A run tonight after all the fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home